Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Ivy

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:37:02 -0000, "Barb" wrote:

Yes, I completely and totally agree with the ivy-detractors. My last house
had ivy all over a fence and up two walls, and it was a total nightmare. It
grew like mad all year round and had to be aggressively pruned almost
weekly. It threatened the downspouts and the tv dish, and was starting to
eat away at the edge of the roofing on the adjoining garage.

I'm generally really, really, really glad I moved out (not because of the
ivy, obviously!), because it was going to be virtually impossible to get rid
of - someone else's problem....

Won't it die if you chop it off at ground level?
(Repeat if necessary)

--