Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Knotweed

Charlie Pridham wrote:

Indeed and down here when I was growing up it was known as Donkey Rhubarb
and we all ate it as children, My wife still maintains the only reason it
has become a problem as children don't eat it any more!!

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this as I've passed-over a lot of
posts due to lack of snipping -

but, heard on Auntie BBC there is, there is about to be or there has
been a trial with a (Japanese) insect which noshes knotweed to death.

--
Rusty