Old 12-03-2010, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank H Frank H is offline

Default Electronic Garden Owl

Hello all,

I am writing from the Vancouver area in BC, and I am wondering if
anyone in England has used or is using one of those electronic owls
that turnes it's head and hoots when someone or something gets near
it.
I bought one to keep ceows away. When I looked at the package, I found
there is also a british distributor, so perhaps someone else is using
one there.
My initial concern was that it might get attacked by cats, even if I
place it a bit higher up. How effective are these owls?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Frank H.