Old 13-03-2010, 12:28 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens

Default Identify ground cover

David E. Ross wrote:

However, the most numerous weed in my garden are the
seedlings from my evergreen ash tree. If I knew then what I know
now, I would have insisted on a male tree, ash being a genus
(Fraxinus) that has separate male trees and female trees.

Is the female also self-fertile?

David

No, but there are many, many Fraxinus uhdei (evergreen or shamel ash)
around southern California. It's a popular shade tree. So I'm sure
there are sufficient male trees nearby to pollinate my tree.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean