Old 13-03-2010, 07:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Transplanting Worms To Your Garden Bed

Here in PA we have large worms we call nightcrawlers. Many people say
that rototilling kills many worms in your garden bed and I can
understand that. But if the rest of your lawn is loaded with worms,
couldn't it be possible to just catch them at night and transfer them to
the garden bed? In my area, it's very easy to catch 100 plus worms a
night. Once you placed them in the bed, it's my opinion that they
would enjoy the freshly tilled soil and continue to reside as well as
reproduce there.

Rich