Old 13-03-2010, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Human Urine As A Source Of Nitrogen

EVP MAN wrote:
Well here in PA, I don't have any lemon trees but I think the
experiment was conducted using tomato plants and we have plenty of
them. But then I also understand that too much nitrogen produces a
huge plant with very little fruit. Guess since urine is loaded with
nitrogen, it may only be of value to soil that's nitrogen depleted.

Rich

Or for heavy N feeders, it gets used up fairly quickly unless replaced.
However David Ross is right, if your soil is at risk of becoming sodised use
it sparingly.

David