Old 13-03-2010, 04:30 PM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

'Zootal[_5_];879574'](I don't remember if I asked this or not - if I did, I've forgotten the
answer and not been able to find the post...)

I have three aisan pears, and 3 regular pears. Last year I lost most of my
pears to earwigs. If I understand correctly, stopping this from happening
again is as simple as putting a sticky band on the trunk of the tree so
that they can't crawl up the tree to get to the fruit. Is it really that
easy?

earwigs are crawling insects not flying insects so yes putting a sticky
band around the trunk of your pear tree is the best thing to do.
be sure to keep an eye on it and replace as necessary.
cyaaaaaa, sockiescat.