Old 13-03-2010, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener[_3_] madgardener[_3_] is offline

Default Magical moments in Faerie Holler West and Peepers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 13 Mar, 12:07, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
*Thanks Maddie. * Over many years *waiting for your "first peepers"
posts have become a little rite of spring *for me ;
so now I know it's sprung. *Cool chaffinch story :-)

* *Janet

Thank ye Janet! g I was worrying quite a bit about my new home and
being homesick, but hearing the "weeps" in the distance just past our
house were audible. I wish I could send a short mini digital camera
movie of last year's house hunting that close by here somewhere, James
took a visual of me walking down this road between two fields that
were flooded quite deeply and all I could hear was not peepers, but
hundreds of bull frogs of all sizes. As I walked, they started
shutting their mouths except for this one, and I tossed a small stone
in the direction and he kept on until I got close to him. It was
hilarious and my ear to ear grin with the sound of them was too
obvious..gbseg
maddie