Old 19-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Dave Chalton

Default Newbie: Growing chillies indoors

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
I've never had much success with Chillies. The growing season doesn't seem long
enough here to grow them (in my unheated greenhouse anyway). Perhaps they would do
better in a heated greenhouse or South facing conservatory.

Where abouts you trying to grow them? If your greenhouse is too cool
during the early and late ends of the season, leave your plants
indoors, preferably a south facing window, and they should do well.
Scotland doesn't boast a long growing season, but previous posts will
tell you that successfull growth and fruiting can be acchieved inside
if you have the space, which beats the early frosts.

My greenhouse is not heated, and the current plants are at varying
stages from two sets of leaves through to flowering.

Good luck,

Dave