Old 14-03-2010, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr. Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr. is offline

Default Pruning night blooming jasmine

My night blooming jasmine is in the Houston area, in a large pot, is about 4' tall and is
just now starting to show some new leaves - although rather few.

Despite being brought in to the garage when we our temps dropped into the 20's, appears
the outer portions of most branches are dried out and brown - and there is no green wood.

How much should I prune the limbs back?

Interesting to note the Poet's jasmine that is right next to this one had green leaves all
through the winter - perhaps because it is a vine instead of a shrub.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Regards,

Doug