Old 14-03-2010, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default sprouts

In message , dido22
writes
Hello,

Is there any reason why I shouldn't grow brussels sprouts in tubs or
troughs? How big a tub ?

I love sprouts but have never tried growing them. All advice welcome

Thanks

KK

I wouldn't put sprouts in a tub or trough. They need qute deep and well
compacted soil. Why not try new potatoes in a tub? We've done this for
the past few years and it works brilliantly - and leave you with
excellent bulking soil for spreading on other beds (although some manure
will be necessary to bring up the fertility).
--
Gopher .... I know my place!