Old 15-03-2010, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Unknown Plant (again)

In article , (Una) wrote:

Bill Rose wrote:
Can anyone identify this plant? It came up in a germination cell that
should have been onions.

http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
Unknown Plant folder
First pic upper left.

Looks to me like an Amaranthus (another genus in the same family as
epazote).

Una

Just when I was getting used to Bacteria, Archaea, and Eucaryota,
someone slipped in a new (no I don't want to know how long that it has
been used) phylogenetic tree using clades(!??). When I go to the
Wikipedia site for Clades http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clade
I am told that, "This article may be confusing or unclear to readers."
Spiffy, another learning curve! Can't we just go back to Earth, Air,
Fire, and Water?

You're right Una it does look like amaranth. It's about 20 cm tall now.
The next 20 cm should tell the story.

Viele Dank.