Old 16-03-2010, 08:41 AM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon loosecanon is offline

Default Insect pest on Balcony Garden

"Kate Spencer" wrote in message

Yes, that's the one, curls up into a ball, whitish gray and fat,
obviously, as its been very well fed :-)

How can I prevent this happening again, if at all.

Thanks, Kate

You can get various solutions for 'curl grubs' or 'lawn grubs' at
nurseries. I hate using poisons in my garden and just leave them for the
magpies to dig up. In your case, repotting would probably fix the
problem. ;-D

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Thanks Trish
I did repot eighteen months ago, hardly had a flower since that time.
Left one (a tough old Jade plant) out of about ten pots, that's why I
wondered if they migrated from pot to pot.
Of course I'm inclined to love my plants too much which can be destructive
and might explain a lot apart from the livestock.
Have emptied all except one pot again, might just plant something and let
it get on with it without interference.
Kate
Have

Call them bardi grubs in WA. Good fishing bait. They are the larvae (i think
is right term) of a beetle. Yes the beetle can fly and could be attracted to
lights. This is a pic from a USA site but they are spot on for what we have
http://www.ppdl.purdue.edu/PPDL/images/grubs.jpg