Old 16-03-2010, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Beginner with Bulbs

Chris J Dixon wrote:
At the other end of the scale, I was surprised to hear on GW that
the iris reticulata, which are currently looking very good, are
unlikely to show much next year. Were they being unduly
pessimistic?

I think I can confirm that - I was just thinking at the weekend (having
spotted my first iris on someone's naturalised grass) that mind haven't done
much so far this year, and last year they were up and huge by mid-Feb (cos
we wanted to move them, and they got away from us before we got a chance!)