Old 17-03-2010, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Last Year's Seeds

The message
from "TheScullster" contains these words:

Hi all

Started planting up some veg (indoors in pots) last night.
Came across packets of last years runners and broad beans.
The beans had darkened somewhat and one or two were "fusty" (the fusty ones
were not used).
What's the chances of these germinating on a window sill in peat pots?

TIA

Phil

I have some broad bean seeds from 2006, when we were away and they did
not get picked and eaten!

Each year I think that I need to buy some new ones, but the old seed
just keeps coming.

Planted a tray of 2 dozen last week, and as of today, 23 have
germinated, the other on looks as if it will - the hump of soil hasn't
broken yet!

Roger T