Old 18-03-2010, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Toads

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Dave Hill" wrote
Went outside this evening around 8pm and on the track were young toads
all heading in one direction, so I picked them uop and carried them
down to the pond before foxes, badgers etc had them.
The whole time I was carrying them they were chattering away, don't
know if they were thanking me for the lift.
When I came to put them down one had taken a liking to one of my
fingers and didn't want to let go.
They were less than half the size of a full grown toad.
The things we do for wild life.

Sitting watching TV this evening, it had been dark for some hours, and
"Bang" a Collared Dove had flown into our greenhouse window. Didn't
know they flew at night. Anyway, it was very dazed but alive so I
placed it up out of harms way on top of our garage and will see if it's
recovered by morning. If not the old air rifle will have to come out again.

See reply posted to your enquiry in uk.rec.natural-history
--
Gopher .... I know my place!