Old 18-03-2010, 11:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default No work gardens.

None4U wrote:
The book , by Ruth Stout states that by putting 8 inches of hay, or
leaves, or mulch on your garden. You dont have to do anything to it.
My problem is weeds. And I was almost going to cover my garden with
black covering this year and sterilize and let it kill all the weeds
. Ive got those marigold vines that overun everything. Do you think
cover would keep the weeds down and allow me to grow this year . Or
should I cover it this year to kill the weeds. Chemicals have
already been done. They just come back.

There ain't no such thing as a no work garden. With knowledge and planing
and by limiting the scope of what you do you can reduce the work.

David