Old 19-04-2003, 04:32 PM
zhanataya

Default Datura Metal

B.candida and B.suavolens can tolerate more sun than the species brugmansia.
Most of the named hybrids can take sun better, but they are plants from the high
Andes and require cool nights to set flowers. They are also very heavy feeders.
I have all of mine in huge 30 gallon pots now. I couldn't or didn't have the
energy to dig them out and plant them each year so now I have huge containers
and I root prune before they go back into the greenhouse for winter.

A really great site for brugmansia is www.nativehabitat.com

Thanks V, I can lift the one I have and put it in a pot. But I don't
have a greenhouse. Would the garage be okay? It faces south and I
can open the garage door for light during the day. I planted a
camilla on the east side of a pine tree and it is doing very well.
Would that be an ok area for the brugs?

zhan