Old 18-03-2010, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Growing a Rosemary bush

Hello

I have grown Rosemary in a large pot for many years during the summer
months, and have always thrown it away late Autumn, then bought a new
plant next spring.

I've just bought a new plant ( 'upright Rosemary' ) and I read on its
label that it can be grown into a bush up to 2 metres high !!

Has anyone grown a Rosemary bush before?, does it survive the winter?,
does it smell & taste as good as a new plant does ?

Thanks

KK

It may be Miss Jessop's Upright and some people use it as an informal
hedge. I think 2 metres is pushing it a bit, though. Where do you live?!
We have rosemarys that survive all winters, including this one and it's
usually regarded as pretty hardy. It's a shrub so take cuttings and
propagate new ones but there's no reason at all to throw it away each
year.
--
Sacha

My Rosemary is 10 years old and does not care what the weather does, I keep
it at about 1mtr. tall by light pruning and just take out any branches that
get in the way. It is just coming into flower now

kate