Old 19-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Mary McHugh

Default Moron growing garlic

(another in the "moron growing..." series. Anyone here long enough to
remember the "Moron growing basil" thread in rec.gardens long before the
re-org?)

Anyhow. Last winter snow arrived so early and stayed so long that I
didn't get to separate my garlic and replant. Now I have clumps of
garlic. Should I pull them up and separate now or let them continue to
grow? I'm more interested in harvesting this batch rather than
propagating for next year.

Also, does anyone have any tips on growing larger bulbs? My garlic
always ends up rather small no matter what I plant (i.e. sprouted
supermarket versus garlic intended for planting).

At least I can finally walk into the garden without sinking to my knees!

Mary