Old 18-03-2010, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John L John L is offline

Default Growmore on lawns?

Hi

I'm resistant to the idea of buying another box of "Weed'n'feed lawn
treatment" for my modest-size lawn, since the price of these treatments
seems to rise exponentially every year -- and it's only very crude
chemicals when all's said and done.

I was thinking of chucking ordinary growmore over the lawn instead.
Obviously this wouldn't "weed" but it would surely "feed". I could then
maybe treat weeds as and when they appear, more selectively.

Any comments?
TIA
John