Old 25-02-2003, 01:20 AM
Susan Erickson

Default so speaking of snow...

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:28:54 -0500, Rob Halgren
wrote:

I'm glad nobody was hurt. People think that the danger in a blizzard is
limited to being out on the road, but there are plenty of ways to hurt
yourself by staying inside. Snow covers your furnace exhaust - big
trouble. Too much snow on the roof - we see what happens there. I
couldn't get my door open yesterday, and we'd only had 8" or so (with
weird drifting). Had to go out a door I never use. Glad I have two...

I hear tell up in your neck of the woods some winters you have to
leave by the second story windows....G or is that a "when I was
a child we walked to school in the blizzard. It was up hill all
the way and walked home up hill at the end of the day." story?
I think it is actually Northern Minnesota, not Michigan, even the
UP.

My problem today is melting snow. I just can not seem to seal the
center seam on the gh. The snow melt comes dripping thru. We even
put a gutter up to catch it and take it to the end of the rows
where it could run down without hitting the plants. But it
manages to have a drip, bounce problem anyway.
SuE