Old 19-04-2003, 04:44 PM
zhanataya

Default Datura Metal

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:58:42 -0500, "Tony"
wrote:

Someone else posted a note about growing conditions of Brugs, so I'll just
answer your other questions.

The nursery I was speaking of is called "David's Greenery". It is a very
small nursery operated near someone's home. It seems that the father builds
trellises and gazebos and such and the daughter does the plant stuff. The
actual location is 10075 Rebel Road, so you can get a precise map on
Mapquest.

If you're coming up Pine Forest Road from the direction of the Fairgrounds
or I-10, you'll turn left on 9 Mile Road. Proceed past the junction with
I-10 and past the Beulah "airport."

Turn Right on Rebel Road (it's a small, residential road). Find house 10075
and the greenhouse is behind the residence.

I was there on Thursday and bought a variegated peach brug and a pink brug.
Both of them in 2 gallon pots and about 18 inches tall. They're in great
condition. $10 each.

Be aware that you kind of wander around on your own if no one is out there
working. You can go to the trailer to get someone to help you. (kind of
weird, but it's a small place and the people are really nice.) I've had
better luck going during the week since often on weekends they're at various
shows.

Tony

I would definitely still start your seeds. I'd recommend not planting them
directly in the ground (unless you have very fertile soil), but rather
starting them in smaller pots in good potting soil and then transplanting.

Tony

Thank Tony for the directions. Sounds like the kind of place I'll
really like. Love to listen to what people with a special interest
have to say. You can pick up some valuable pointers you won't find in
books. And thanks for the planting instructions. I'll get them
started today.

zhan