Old 19-03-2010, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default glyphosate

On 19 Mar, 18:16, gardenlen wrote:
g'day tahi,

you need to get the glypho' on the leaves for it to begin to work, and
for trees depending on maturity it may have little or no effect, so if
you are spraying at ground level it should not affect the tree in
anyway.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:03:03 -0000, "Tahi"
wrote:

snipped
--

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

I wouldn't take the chance, I know they say it's not residual etc BUT
A tree paeony is not like spraying around a Tree.
I don't know the area you have to treat, if it is not to big then try
using a brush of foam pad diped in glyphosate and wipe the leaves with
it, OR mix with deturgent and shake it so that you have foam and use
that on the leaves.
If you do spray leave it till the evening when the wind is usually
less, use as low a presure as you can.
I don't like the stuff, and don't use it except on things like Couch
grass "Twitch" to some.
See
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/GTARW.php
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Actives/glyphosa.htm