Old 20-03-2010, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default pumpkins: varieties & tips for a first attempt?

Adam Funk wrote:
Can anyone recommend orange varieties that have a good success rate?
(I'd rather get several decent pumpkins than go for size.) I'd
appreciate any other tips.

I grew some medium sized quite dark orange ones last year that were quite
tasty. But as another poster said, butternut squash are tastier.

If you'd like a selection of seeds, I have literally hundreds. The dark
orange ones, plus some older ones from giant (but watery tasting, tbh) paler
varieties, and maybe some others. Drop me an email with your address and
I'll be happy to send some on.