Old 20-03-2010, 08:44 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Laurent Ginarouge Laurent Ginarouge is offline

Default ID of Ecuadorian Flower

Katy a écrit :
Hi,

Calling myself an amateur botanist would give me too much credit, so
I'm hoping the experts can help me with this one:

Flower photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40215322@N05/4445686091/

Bought at a flower market in Ecuador. I've tried to use North
American dichotomous keys and gotten nowhere.

Can anyone help me ID this flower species/subspecies?

Thanks so much!

Hi Katy,
it's a Madonna Lily (Lilium candidum)native to Asia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilium_candidum

--
Denis
In science, beauty. In beauty, science. Daily.