Old 20-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Edmond Edmond is offline
Registered User

I have been having the same issue here in Massachusetts. I have tried adding fresh loam on top of the existing dirt. I currently have 10 - -12" of dirt above the tank lid. Grass will initially grow, but then eventually die and become very patchy. I have been trying for 4 years now.

I have noticed that the dirt around the area is very dry. I have an irrigation system, and water in the early morning hours.

The theory is that there is not enough fresh dirt above the tank and therefore can't hold enough water/ drys out too quickly....

I also make sure to add lime to my lawn each year, along with professional fertilizer services

I'm tried of spending hundreds of dollars every year on grass seed and hours trying to get this to work.

I give up!!!! (Unless someone has a really good idea...)