Old 20-03-2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Lily Pond Open

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:47:58 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Our water is green for the 1st time in several years. No circulation
gets us green, I think.

And fish, I don't circulate the lily pond, but may have to reconsider now
that I have a school of wakin in there. It was murky with a green tint (not
pea soup though) this spring. I'll be doing more water changes on it, as
even now with the filter going it has cleared much more than what it was
last weekend. I can see to the bottom, but it still has that unfocused look
to it. The lilies are definitely waking up and I should know by next week,
during spring break what to divide and get it done. Am not touching the
lotus this year. I do have one coming in the mail along with 3 T.lilies. I
think the one I purchased last year locally I paid more than I just did for
1 lotus and 3 T.lilies by mail. And, of course, it DIED!.

I ordered, Evelyn Randig, that I use to have great luck with wintering
over, the other 2 will be totally new to me. Yellow Dazzler & Director T.
Moore. The Lotus is named The President (obviously named by an
independent). ;-)

Today starting out chilly here, went down to 29F by the koi ponds. Water
temp dropped to 38.8F, so I won't be starting them up today nor uncovering
them.s Weather.com says we'll be up to 68F today, and my location usually
is warmer than what they predict. I'm sure hoping so, that's good yard work
weather! Not to mention warming up the ponds. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us