Old 25-02-2003, 01:28 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Building a wall....

Stone, brick or cinder would be durable and non-toxic.

Noctaire wrote:
=

All -- I'm looking to build a wall to hold back the hill, frame up a ne=

patio, etc.. I'll also be making some planting beds with thes same
materials. The idea is to use 6x6 beams, much like one sees on many of=

the
landscape shows.
=

I was looking about at my local Home Depot today and came across their =

6x6s.
A thought came to me -- treated lumber contains a variety of chemicals =

that
are not the most friendly. Anybuddy know what type of wood, treatments=

,
painting/staining, etc. I should be looking at for this task?
=

Noc.

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP