Old 19-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Essjay001

Default Throwing out baby ...

It doesn't matter what the case was in the '90's. This happened in'76 when
things were different. I kept the cutting from our local paper. for many
years.

"Calling someone a liar makes your nose bleed"

swroot scribbled:

Essjay001 wrote:

Sacha scribbled:

In the drought of 1976 people were positively encouraged to do this
and many a bathroom had a hosepipe wriggling out of its window. To
a lot of people's surprise, the soap in the waste water did wonders
for getting rid of greenfly!

I remember someone being taken to court for using a hose pipe to do
just that in '76. Apparently some "do-gooder reported him to the
water Auth.During a hosepipe ban the source of the water is not an
issue, the use of a hosepipe is. So yes re use bath water but be
careful who is watching!

er, no. The use of the hosepipe isn't at issue, as it were. I checked
this during a hosepipe ban during the early 90s. You are perfectly
entitled to use your hosepipe to carry grey wastewater to the garden.
If your use of the hose is called into question, then the water
company will/should inspect the hose, looking for the coating of soap
scum, shed hair and other gunge that lines a hose used for this
purpose (and it does, I've seen/smelt it). If the hose has the
coating, they know it's been used for that purpose. If not, or
perhaps if the coating is far too thin to explain a very lush garden,
they may conclude you've been using it for tap water.

regards
sarah