Old 21-03-2010, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Lazy lawn spiker

This weekend I have at last got around to doing something I have
been meaning to try for years. We had an old lawn spiker out in
the shed that belonged to my wife's father, I have tried using it
but its bloody hard work, and the lawns here are pretty big but
separately in need of aerating.

Yesterday was wet and miserable so I disappeared into the
workshop with the old spiker and dug out my Whitworth spanners
(that's how old it is) A couple of hours and a couple of bits of
scrap steel later I had a bracket welded up to mount the spiker
on the back of the ride on mower.

http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10688

I have put it to the test today by spiking all the lawns and it
works really well.

I think the neighbours wondered what I was up to though.
Trundling up and down for an hour on what probably looked like a
lawn mower without the blades running!

Mike