Old 21-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Hayden Hayden is offline
Registered User

Default First Time Cactus Owner =D Help Please

Hey there everybody, im new to the forum, im only 13 years old and descided to buy myself a cactus. I have had 1 before but when I was like 7, that was under my mums control and now is too dead for me to recover un-expierienced. But anyway, back to the fresh new one!

I have a few questions, if you can help answer 1 of them it would be perfect!

1. How often should I be watering mine, ive been doing a tiny bit onto its dish around twice a week and it sucks it all up!

2. When should I be re-potting mine? Mines only a small cactus (Not tiny, But about a little over half of a full sized ruler.

3. How can I make soil for my cactus? Ive been reading that the ones in garden centres arnt as good as making your own. Id kind of like a simplish way of doing it!

Thanks a lot! Will hope to be getting a few more cacti when I know im a perfect owner of one!

Hayden