Old 21-03-2010, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default Planting time - SoCAL -tomatoes

Dave_s wrote:

For personal reasons, I cannot produce COMPOST on my residential
property. Can you or your neighbor recommend any COMPOST I can buy
locally. Can I trust the FREE partially composted MULCH distributed by
LA CITY? Want this COMPOST for improving my garden, side dressing,
placing in hole as I plant new vegies and flowers, etc.

I wouldn't trust it. You have no idea if it contains plant residues
that were treated with weed killer, insect poison, etc. It might be OK
to use for mulching shrubs or trees, but I wouldn't use it on food crops.

gloria p