Old 22-03-2010, 08:22 AM
naomi naomi is offline
Registered User

I have been lurking these forums for a while now and not once did I see a thread that made me want to post as this one did.

We also bought from Wessex teak (also known as Prestige teak) and the set actually arrived without any problems. We initially thought it was all fine and were wondering what the fuss was all about. exactly 1 week after having the set outside in the sunshine, it started cracking. I don’t mean little checking type cracks, but big massive splits all along the arms of the chairs. A week later, the glue started to fail and the chairs were dangerous to sit on. We actually brought out our plastic set while we were waiting for someone to come over and replace the set. After countless of calls and rude customer service we managed to get a replacement. exactly 2 weeks later, the exact same thing has happened to the new set. A complete and utter waste of money. We since found this guide which pretty much explained why the teak was falling apart. you can see it he
http://www.farawayfurniture.co.uk/te...ure-advice.htm
http://www.farawayfurniture.co.uk/te...comparison.htm

It seems you just can’t take shortcuts with this type of thing and I personally wished I found those guides earlier. it would have saved me a lot of time and hassle. We could not afford the difference in price at the time, but have since saved up for a good quality set and we should be buying one in a months time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwithagarden View Post
Yes, the original guy would be completely insane to buy from Wessex Teak. Anyone would . They are rude, dishonest and it's taken nearly 9 months to get my money back - through the courts in the end. They shouted and swore down the phone, delivered faulty products (and replaced them with faulty products) and made more delivery dates than I can remember. They move premises, presumably to avoid the bailiffs and just aren't worth even considering. DON'T EVEN THINK OF BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY.