Old 19-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Jim Webster

Default INDIA GENETICALLY MODIFIED SEED FAILS

"Oz" wrote in message
Torsten Brinch writes

"The plants have grown copiously and even borne large-sized corncob,
(but) to the shock of our farmers, they have no grains within them,"
he said.

Happens sometimes with wheat varieties, too.

the joy of agriculture

Every so often a new variety bombs out and is never grown again. I can
remember one lot of court cases in the UK not so long ago, and then there
are varieties which are just quietly forgotten because they don't live up to
expectations

Jim Webster

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.