Old 22-03-2010, 11:49 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge[_2_] View Post
A friend who was brought up in a mountainous region of Sith Effrica had
a lemon tree outside his door. It was snowed on each winter, lost all
its leaves, but never failed to provide a crop.
But the light intensity and temperatures in the warmer months in SA would provide an opportunity for fast growth, ripening and recovery that it wouldn't receive in Britain.

There is an orange tree or something similar growing outside in a tub just off Soho square in central London, I go past it every day. I think it was only put there fairly recently. It hasn't got any leaves just now. Let's see how it recovers.