Old 22-03-2010, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Companion Planting

wrote in message
Bertie Doe wrote:
c). 4 and 5 years ago, I planted toms in growbags.
I've
stopped using them nowadays, partly because of their
use of peat, but also on cost grounds. Sadly the
crop
over the last 3 years, from toms planted directly
into
the g/h soil, have been much less than the g.bags. I

Unrelated to your actual question, I'm afraid, but
we've been using peat
free grobags for the past few years, and we're
relatively happy with them.
(they're not as good as the seaweedy ones the MiL
uses, but as long as you
remember to feed and water as required, they're
certainly adequate!)

I can't remember the brand we use (I can find out if
you're interested)
and they work out at around 10pound for 3, iirc.

New Horizon are highly recommended, though:
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...ookie_test= 1
(but more expensive)

Thanks for that, the local garden centre stocks
'Westland' range. Later I'll google and see if they do
a peat-free version.

Bertie