Old 22-03-2010, 08:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Shanghai McCoy[_5_] Shanghai McCoy[_5_] is offline

Default Dollar weed

On 3/22/2010 4:39 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Shanghai McCoy said:

Any way to get rid of this stuff? It's taking over my back yard. I know
it loves over-watering , but I haven't even started watering yet. We
haven't had much sunshine either (NW Florida). Maybe that'll help dry
things up a bit...

Because of your locale, are you *positive* it's /Hydrocotyle spp./ and NOT
/Dichondra/? If you look at the underside of the leaf, where does the stem
attach (center, or near the edge of the leaf)?

What type of turfgrass do you have?

Pretty sure it's Hydrocotyle spp - stem attaches to the center of the
leaf. Turf is St. Augustine.