Old 22-03-2010, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default First Time Cactus Owner =D Help Please

echinosum wrote:
Though if you have a winter-flowering cactus like "Christmas Cactus",
epicactus and the like, you will need to find out a specific regime for
it.

I have a winter cactus that spends all year looking half dead, then bursts
into beautiful flower at exactly the right time of year, then goes back to
looking half dead. I don't do anything to it other than very occasionally
(about once a month, although it lives in the bathroom so it probably
absorbs atmospheric droplets) throwing a tiny bit of water on it.

I'm not a big cactus fan, I think we have a hate-hate thing going on. :-)