Old 23-03-2010, 08:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy Maroochy is offline

Default Macro Flowers - White-Flower_5645.jpg (1/1)

Donn Thorson wrote:

Hmmm...bye-bye group!
Moving On.

Well that's a shame.
As I saw it, Bill was trying to be helpful, there's not many of us who can't
do without an outsider pointing out a different or better way of presenting
our photos. I always welcome constructive criticism, it jolts me out of my
complacency.
Personally I think the softness is caused by you compressing the photos a
little too much, trying to make the files small but images large, though I
may be wrong. Not knowing what software you use for editing (there's no EXIF
info in your photos) it's hard to say, but I feel that is where there is a
slight problem, also I wonder if you apply some form of sharpening after
resizing? For digital photos this is a must.
I've done something that I never do, that is, I've resized one of your
photos and added a bit of sharpening it to it, I apologise if this offends
you, but it does illustrate the difference when sharpened after resizing.
( I normally do not believe in playing with someone else's photos)

I also understand that macro photos do mean a small depth of field, but
emphasising what is in focus via sharpening after resizing and not
compressing the files too much, can make an awful big difference.
If all of the above is out of order, I apologise.

Attached Thumbnails
Macro Flowers - White-Flower_5645.jpg (1/1)-iris-blue-3a.jpg