Old 24-03-2010, 12:12 AM
peasandbeans peasandbeans is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi View Post
It seems you just can’t take shortcuts with this type of thing and I personally wished I found those guides earlier. it would have saved me a lot of time and hassle. We could not afford the difference in price at the time, but have since saved up for a good quality set and we should be buying one in a months time.
I purchased a table from them (wessex teak) about 3 or 4 years ago on ebay for just over £300. Although I would not recommend them as the delivery service was a shambles (it took about 4 weeks to arrive and i had to call them a countless times to find out when it was coming as they ignored my emails) the table and chairs have lasted well.

When mine was delivered it looked like the grade C according to the faraways site but with in a about a month or so it went a grey/silver colour. I think as with most internet guides you should take what they say in the faraways guide with a pinch of salt. Our chairs and tables have now gone to a dark silver grey and I have not touched it with teak oil and left it uncovered all through the year. I keep meaning to wash it off to clean it up a bit but we're too busy getting the garden ready for spring, every things started growing!

The prices seem to be £1500+ for a table set on that faraways site! certainly out of our reach and even if i did have that much spare I would spend it on a holiday...