Old 23-03-2010, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Macro photography

Interesting Pat, I didn't know this but then again I'm just a point &
clicker! Too
old now to learn all this stuff.
I shall have to try using a Minolta macro lens on my Sony A100 to see what
happens.
I had to take my camera to a shop as there was dust on the sensor & it
cost me $50!!
I later found a video on how to do it but one still needs the supplies.
Oh well when you think of the money saved on digital photos as apposed to
the regular
photographs it's miniscule.
Enjoyed all your flower photos in the last set. Gerbera's my fave.
Cheers Wendy

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
None of the pictures I just posted is a true macro photograph. Most of
them were taken with a macro lens but that does not mean they're macros.
In no case was the ratio of the object's size vs the image size on the or
sensor 1:1 or even nearly 1:1.

They're close-ups and that is all.
--
Pat Durkin