Old 24-03-2010, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Citruus tree advert

mark wrote:
I struggle to maintain a lemon tree that retains leaves and produces much
fruit (for much of the year) outside the summer.. in the South of France...
Growth is neglible but leaf growth is very poor....however, I am at 1800
feet asl and that probably has as much to do with it than the overall
climate issue..
I struggle also with a Phoenix palm that are abundant at a less than a few
hundred feet asl...

All of my citrus suffer terribly from scaly bug things. Yucky things. Then
they go all sticky and end up with black mildew. (and sticky windows when
they are brought in for the winter)

Any advice for keeping them off welcome.