Old 24-03-2010, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Heritage Beans

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:41:25 -0400, "Steve Peek"
wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article ,
Beanman wrote:

Hi im completely nuts about growing heritage beans,just love their
diversity, would love to hear from anyone who grows them and what they
grow,thanks

Favorite is Provider a string bean but Italian Flat beans (Jumbo)
caught may fancy due to the tasty flesh. Like pole beans but don't have
the space.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=beans

http://www.google.com/search?client=...let+of+White+B
eans&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

All sorts of beans available. Canned I buy Chick Peas, Aduki, and
black Beans from Eden Organic.

Yum HUMMUS do your own search.

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

I certainly agree with the Jumbo, but my all-time favorite is a pole bean
called Greasy. It's fairly common in rural Appalachia but I've never seen
the see in any catalog. My seed has been grown by me and a friend's family
for over 100 years.
Steve
(edamame this year)

What do the bean seeds look like? I know someone who is looking for
an old Southern bean like a field pea. If you have any pictures I
will pass them on to him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/farmerj...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/farmerj...n/photostream/

http://www.farmerjay.com/2009/05/05/...y-grits-beans/