Old 24-03-2010, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Did a Fox do this?

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"prb" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,
says...

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:13:01 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

You don't say what time this morning you first noticed it but Sparrow
Hawks
etc are up and about early.

I noticed it circa 9am so could well have happened earlier in morning
at first light etc. Certainly had a good meal nothing left only a bit
of wing even had head & beak ........ feathers made a mess all around
my waterfall but pump was off . Would the moving water have put it off
having it's breakfast here ?

Birds of prey typically do not eat all the victim, usually they will
pluck the back feathers and eat the soft bits leaving most of the
carcase.

This has not been my experience.

Of course it could not have been a fox, they are nice and
fluffy creatures who would not harm a fly.

I thought the OP had a very secure garden that a fox couldn't have got into.
Don't worry, I'm a poultry keeper and as far as I'm concerned the only good
fox in my garden is a dead one - so it wasn't because I think they are soft
and fluffy that I suggested it was a female sparrowhawk. I genuinely think
it *was*
Tina
You don't want me to tell the tale again about how a female s/h took a
collared dove right out of my hands, surely?

Please -.. not again!! ... :-))) (Only joking)

--
Gopher .... I know my place!