Old 19-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Polar

Default Bamboo growing huge center shoot

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:51:57 GMT, animaux wrote:

If it's a flower spike, say goodnight. Bamboo grows and blooms. It could take
a lifetime to flower, but when it does it dies promptly after.

This happened a while back in Dallas. All of the golden bamboo all around town
decided to bloom and tons and tons of bamboo was dead all over the place.

If it's a spike of more bamboo foliage, I wouldn't worry.

Oy! I will have to keep a sharp eye on it -- if I can even see that
far up! This is a brand-new chile', just planted last year, so I
really hope that it hasn't decided to make an early exit from this
mortal coil!

Thanks for input.

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:18:15 -0700, Polar wrote:

My (clumping) bamboo is doing well, with
one curious exception. There is a single shoot from the
middle growing straight up, high, high, high. Have never had
bamboo before, so should I be pleased? alarmed?

TIA

--
Polar