Old 25-03-2010, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Lilies

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:06:46 -0400, crustyshoveller
wrote:

farida;881363 Wrote:
May I know I know which type of compost is best for Oriental and Asiatic
lilies? BBC Gardeners world suggests that John Innes 2 is best for
lilies while the John Innes Technical help team suggested Ericaceous
compost. Can anyone out there who has grown lilies advice me from their
experience as to which compost to go for?

My mum always used to say, use good old horse turds scraped up form the
road outside the house???

In yer Bristle during yer war we were in constant competition with the
neighbours to get out and gather the turds while they were still hot
and steaming.

I was, on the way home from school, run over by a lorry on a Belisha
Beacon crossing and it took a load of flesh off of the outside of my
lower leg.

I was taken to hospital by a passing horse and cart coal delivery man.

--