Old 25-03-2010, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default cow manure leeds area

"bob" wrote in message
Good afternoon ,does anyone know of a dairy farm in the leeds area who
would let us collect some cow manure,i want to try a method of using i
heard about where you fill a hessian sack and dump it in a barrel for
a week and use the liquid as a tomato feed,dairy farms around leeds
seem to be fewer and fewer these days,tia

Drive out into the countryside until you see some cows or sheep in a field
(sheep muck works just as well) park your car, nip over the fence and
collect it from the ground.
I well remember as a child our Sunday afternoon trip out in the car with my
grandfather to collect sheep droppings for exactly this purpose. You do
have to dilute the resulting *tea* though, and it's better started when the
weather is a bit warmer. Oh and it takes more than a week of dunking to get
it brewing to the correct stinkiness.
TBH, I've never known it done with cow pats but hey, why not try?

Tina