Old 26-03-2010, 11:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Plant ID help

Don Wiss said:

I still have a batch of pictures from a years ago Wildman Steve Brill
foraging walk that I have not yet put on the web. This means this batch

is
not yet merged into my http://foragingpictures.com/ album. Before I

can
process them there are four pictures I need to identify. They are shown

at:

http://donwiss.com/PP-20060701.htm

#1 is not lavendar or thyme, and probably not fennel, either.
Though it does look familiar...I know I've seen this before...

#2 Is not a mustard.

It does somewhat suggest pokeweed just starting to show
flower buds, but I've no real confidence in that ID. I have no
real sense of scale on it.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikijun...s_of_Northern_
New_England/Phytolacca_americana

#3 Is not slippery elm. Of that much I'm certain.

#4 does look to be some cultiver of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored