Old 26-03-2010, 12:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant ID help

David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/25/10 12:46 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
I still have a batch of pictures from a years ago Wildman Steve Brill
foraging walk that I have not yet put on the web. This means this
batch is not yet merged into my http://foragingpictures.com/ album.
Before I can process them there are four pictures I need to
identify. They are shown at:

http://donwiss.com/PP-20060701.htm

What are they?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

If #4 is not a hibiscus, it is still a mallow. Mallows include
hibiscus, blue hibiscus, okra, Lavatera, and hollyhock.

To my inexpert eye it looks like a hibiscus. I am guessing that there are
several plants around the world locally called hibiscus. Which "hibiscus"
is it not and why not?

David